Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's Fall Ya'll

Do you know that I really hate that statement?!? It just seems really cliche to me. I always hear it in a Paula Dean accent. Don't get me wrong, I love Paula Dean and I live where ya'll is a regular vocabulary word, but I just can't get a handle on that statement.

But anyway, I digress, the point of this post is to share some Fall photos for you and for you to check out some others over at The Paper Mama with Chelsea. This past weekend we were in the Smokey Mountains for Gene's work and I managed to convince the boys to stop at Newfound Gap for some photos.

The overlook was crowded, extremely crowded. I almost gave in and say forgetaboutit, but I didn't. JJ wasn't in an a very photogenic mood, but I did manage to capture a few of him. The timing was horrible (2 pm, bright sun with the sun on the wrong side of the mountain). I had little options on where to place him so that the lighting would be just right. I managed to find a few spots and then work some editing magic.

Here is JJ, age 9, fall 2010....

jj fall edit 3




jj fall edit 2



JJ being coxed into a decent smile... too bad it turned into a great laugh!

jj fall 5



Lastly... my two boys

jj gene fall edit



Make sure to hop on over to The Paper Mama to see more fall photos.


The Paper Mama

2 comments:

  1. These are great shots! And yeah...I can't say ya'll in that statement...sounds hokey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lighting and colour!...and what a smile! :D

    ReplyDelete