Thursday, May 12, 2011

They do exist

I recently travelled for work to our nations capital. It was my first time to DC. Really, the meeting was in Bethesda, but I flew into DC and I rode the DC metro, so I call it DC.

One of the things I wanted to do while I was there was see monuments. That makes me sound really country, doesn't it. Anyway, I called upon a localish photog friend to see if she wanted to join me on my monument excursion. She was delighted (yeah for me) and she met me one afternoon on the mall!

Amy and I know each other through a private photography forum. She's a sweet as a peach, always encouraging to those (ahem, even me) who need some newbie guidence, and has the cutest litte girl!

We bonded instantly and took off on our walk. Our goal was the Lincoln Memorial. It didn't seem that far away, sure, lets walk to it. Keep walking, Keep walking.... keep walking...

Yeah! we made it!

Why hello there Mr. President

IMG_0633

What mighty big feet you have
IMG_0642

We continued our walk around the mall...

I found the Vietnam memorial touching. It signfies a significant part of my parents generation.

IMG_0658

IMG_0652

We continued up the street in hopes of cooling off in a museum. Unfortunately, when we got there, they told us they close in 10 minutes. At least we had time to go to the bathroom! (Not like I needed to, you know I can hold 13 pounds in my bladder)

Amy decided she wanted to take a photo of the beautiful dome. I won't share the photo I have of her laying on the ground... I'll save that for another time!

I did get a little glimpse of Washington

IMG_0666

After we made it back to the metro station, we headed to Bethesda for dinner. We met up with Kendra, another forum buddy. She's 37 weeks pregnant and we gave her the free pass on the walking tour. It was great to catch up with some friends that I've known for a while, and really put a face to a name. Well, I've seen their faces, its a photography forum, we share photos.

Overall, I had a great time meeting my new friends and seeing that they do exist. Although, that evening I started to lose my voice, and then it was completly gone. That was followed by a head cold of all head colds. Flying and head colds don't mix, but at least I was awake for the royal wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment