Thursday, December 30, 2010

The end of 2010

And I've begun to call it Twenty Ten. (no longer two thousand and ten)

This year has been monumental in my photography hobby. Even though we purchased the camera in 2009, I hadn't really discovered its possibilites until this year.

I have all my photog friends to thank for that. Real Life and Internet. Thank you!

I discovered this year that I love action shots. I love perfecting capturing JJ in action. This is totally a trial and error process and I've made plenty of errors. But, the few good ones will make long lasting memories.

I started out the year having just recieved my 55-250. Over the course of the year I acquired my Tamron. And just last week I recieved my 50mm. I've got quite the arsenal now. I also got a really cute bag to carry it all around in. I love my Jo Tote, I could write a fabulous review for it, but I will share this ONE, that pretty much sold me on it. This one is mine...


IMG_7481




I took a little path down memory lane, browsed my flickr photostream and came up with my Top Ten Favorite Photos of this year, in no particular order, because I love them all so much...

JJ in the River

IMG_9687



Making a move

POTW sidelight 2



Woody in the River

IMG_9784



JJ age 9


IMG_0346 wm



My Dad and JJ in the pool

JJ and Do-Dah



Woody the Disc Dog

Flying High



Cable Beach in the Bahamas (my work PC wallpaper)

Heaven



Flower (I had this printed on canvas)

water lily 2



Soccer Sunflare

IMG_3330



Striking a pose in the snow

stike a pose in the snow



I am looking forward to the new year. I plan on documenting every moment. Jameson Woodworks really took off this year. I get to try my hand at some product photography. (Ok, so I already did some, but now that I have better tools and more knowledge I'm ready to really try!) Soccer and Baseball seasons are just around the corner. House renovation projects will resume. (Yeah for finally getting upper kitchen cabinets!) Flowers will bloom, parties will be had, and yummy treats will be baked. All of these will be captured in photos.

I wish everyone a safe and happy new year. Good Health, Wealth, and all that stuff!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE every single image! Wish I could take my choices down to that... I just wrote my post for 2010 and know how many images I used??? 180! I did put them into 15 collages but I couldn't leave any out. Mainly did it for the girls to remember. :) LOve your new camera bag~ I have been shopping for one too. I really want one that is WAY out of my price range. :/ Story of my life. :) Anyway, happy 2011 and hope to meet up again soon!!!
    Joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great captures - love this walk down memory lane. And I just got a Jo Tote too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I love the memory lane walk as well. =D You've got a nice lens arsenal now, I think I had the same setup for a long while!

    ReplyDelete