Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Sharing

Gene has always had a love of fishing. Him and his granddad (Big Daddy) went a lot, as did Gene and his mom. Gene has enjoyed taking JJ fishing since he was old enough to hold a rod. Its mostly been pond fishing with Gene doing most of the work and JJ looking for tadpoles. I tag along every once in a while.

After college, Gene moved to Colorado for a while and fell in love with fly fishing. Its a hobby he's enjoyed, but hasn't been able to do much because its too hard with a small child. JJ is finally old enough to try it out. He received a fly rod kit for christmas. This weekend they took it out in the yard for some lessons.


IMG_8703





IMG_8691





IMG_8696




IMG_8752




I'm dabbling here in some black and white. I'll be honest and admit that I haven't used photoshop as much as I should. By the time I get home, I'm too tired to sit in front of the computer and edit and the weekends are about the same. I'm still becoming the master of picnik!

This was share for Black and White Wednesdays over at The Long Road to China (and Back!)


4370157827_1ee82e3900_o




Check out more Black and Whites, including a great self portrait of Lisa!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your shots~ especially your B&W!!!
    Blessings and Joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful b&w! So weird seeing grass! We;re under a FOOT OF SNOW HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special moment captured- those are times he won't ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what lovely captures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that last one a lot, with your shadow in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a special thing to be able to pass on : ) I think you rocked the editing. If piknik works, well, why not? : ) Whatever is easiest is the way to go! I totally understand what you mean about being tired at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great series. I have to laugh at Master of Picnic, I sense a new user title on the way...

    ReplyDelete