Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sneak Peek: we went fishing

This past weekend, we decided we needed to get out of town. We rented a house in Brevard, NC, packed the car and took off. It was only an hour and a half from our house, so it was a quick drive, straight north. Although the map says its a straight line, the winding roads told my stomach otherwise.

I haven't had much time this week to sit with photoshop and work on the photos. I've been trying to cut back on my picnik use. I follow a bunch of blogs of women who just participated in an adobe lightroom workshop weekend. All expenses paid to San Fran. I wonder if Picnik does something like that?

I took a ton and I'm pleased with how they look, just needs a little tweaking here and there. I hope yo get sometime soon to clean them up.

But, I wanted to particpate in Black and White wednesdays, so I thought I would share a little sneak peek. The house we stayed at was on a small lake. There were 5 lakes in the neighborhood. JJ got the chance to try out fly fishing for real. You can tell by the expression on his face, he's not in love yet.



IMG_9087 bw wm



They didn't catch anything. We weren't sure the lakes were stocked yet. But, they enjoyed themselves. They even got to go out in a canoe! (can't wait to share those photos!) Woody was fascinated with the fishing rods. You could watch his ears perk up everytime they would cast. He desperately wanted to chase the rod. But, I was mean mama and made him stay on the dock with me.

It was a much needed get away. Soccer season starts this Saturday and goes until late April. It felt good to get away from the ruts of everyday life.

More photos coming soon. Promise. But probably not tonight because I've got a mound of laundry to fold.



4370157827_1ee82e3900_o

1 comment: