Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm from the country

This weeks In a Yellow House/Ramblings and Photos photo challenge is Urban. I don't have a lot of "urban" experience. I live in South Carolina. There aren't many major metropolis' here. That's what I think of when I think urban: NYC, ATL, big skyscapers, taxis, traffic, noise. We don't have much of that here.

So, I scavenged through the photo files, because I know I will NOT be any where urban in the next few days and came across my photos from our recent trip to Charleston. I immediately didn't think of Charleston as urban, but I think it would be considered Historic Urban.

I took this photo because Gene was fascinated with the wooden doors. I thought it was framed well. The dark would constrasting with the white stucco.

This as urban as the laid back Southern gal gets!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this shot! I love doorways too! Such mystery there. This one is so beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great shot and I thought that it might stretch a few people including yourself. Heck, I'm from NC and our downtowns are nothing special, but I think you made it work! Is this an old church? I love the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photo! I can picture a bride and groom coming out of those doors for their wedding. Beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those doors are gorgeous! You made it work! Urban it is!

    ReplyDelete