Monday, July 26, 2010

Stepping outside my Box

I did something this weekend that wasn't really "me". I'm shy, terribly shy. But I decided, to better my photography skills, to participate in the Scott Kelby photowalk. My little town didn't have one... hehehe.... so I travel "Into Town" for it.

I met some great people. Including two fellow bloggers. Ellie has just moved to the area from Australia, she hosts Shine! I also met Sharon. She has several blogs, but you can find them all here at Isn't She lovely. Sharon also has a sewing blog/business. She's using the money to help adopted a child from China. Little Shayleejoy should be coming home soon. You can follow her journey via the blog.

Overall, I did manage to get a few shots out of it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but I made some new friends, which is better I guess.

IMG_0625

IMG_0606

IMG_0675

IMG_0662

IMG_0746

You can see a few more on my Flickr Photostream. Just click on the link at the top left of the page.

I'm also linking in to Meet and Greet Monday over at Southern Reflections. Hop on over for a great Monday morning blog hop!



6 comments:

  1. I think these shots are great - I just posted mine and I think it was different than what I expected...but really it was just hot. I think you could probably use some a shot from your walk for Urban - it's not like I live in a major city either. Heck, a lot of my city shots were of old rusty trucks. Going to check out these other blogs. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Love your pix!

    I’m following you now on Meet & Greet Monday hosted by Southern Reflections! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those pics! You do a great job. Very talented! I am now following you. Found you at Meet & Greet Monday :)

    www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com
    www.laughterandmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to your comment...I've only loaded the first 10 I've processed. I'll be sure to post more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shots are amazing!!! And it was way out of my comfort zone too. So happy I met you and have a new photography friend!!! Hope to see you in Anderson sometime very soon!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they came out great! I'm glad you went and met some other photog-minded people. =D

    ReplyDelete